Burchell O’Brien has offered the St. Lawrence Region a complete customized experience for over 18 years. From conception of design to the finishing details, your new interior space is one that you will be proud to show. Browse through our gallery and experience handcrafted, custom kitchens, bathrooms, fireplace mantels and more.
Handcrafted Kitchens and Custom Woodworking including Kitchens, Bathrooms, Fireplaces & Specialty Orders.
In 1988, Burchell Fine Woodworking began creating handmade custom kitchens and furniture for homes in the local area. Steve O’Brien joined the team in 1993 and from that emerged Burchell-O’Brien Custom Kitchens in 1998. Since that time, he has proudly carried on the family tradition.
Our philosophy is that the kitchen is “where it all happens”, so your family can expect comfort and style in our finished product, in addition to the practicality and function you require. The business has expanded by offering clients a complete customized experience. From conception of design to the finishing details, your new interior space is one that you will be proud to show.
Over the last 20 years, we have evolved into a frameless system. Realizing our customer’s appreciation for the furniture style look of face framed cabinets, we have integrated this into our frameless system. By framing you’re built in appliances and open shelf units we exceed our customer’s expectations. The outcome is a unique product that stands alone from our competitors.
- To maintain a high quality of craftsmanship in the delivery of uniquecustom built kitchens.
- To continue the tradition of repeat referrals from satisfied customers.
- To offer competitive pricing without compromising the highest standards.
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Bathroom Vanities
- Fireplace Surrounds
- Retro Fit, Laminate Post Formed Countertops & Installations
- Granite Countertops & Installations
- Specialty Hardware
- Sheet Goods, Veneer, Melamine & Solid Wood Lumber by Order
We would love to come into your kitchen and provide you with new ideas and a free estimate. Contact us today!
You will have the opportunity to be part of the design process, ensuring custom needs are met every step of the way. We will accommodate a full variety of colour, hardware, countertop, door and design requirements to suit your style.
A personalized proposal with your plans is then produced to enable you to visualize your project. Using the personalized drawings, our cabinetmakers begin the process of hand building the kitchen of your dreams!
- Solid wood doors and veneers in your choice of wood
- Solid wood panelled finished end gables are a signature look to our custom kitchens
- Valance moulding and crown moulding always a standard feature
- Kitchen components can be custom built in increments of 1/16″
- Cabinets are pinned together for alignment and then screwed for superior strength and structure
- Cabinets components are constructed of 5/8″ melamine
- 1/8″ back of cabinet is set into grooves with matching finish
- Lower cabinets boast double full depth shelves with 1 1/2″ adjustments for maximum storage
- Open shelf and glass door front cabinets are built and finished to match the exterior of your cabinets
- A high quality, durable finish is achieved by a 3 coat system with hand sanding between coats
- Clear lacquer on natural and stained wood; custom colour matching available
- Solid colour lacquer (painted finish) on maple wood; glazing available
Three different styles of drawers to choose from:
- 5/8″ melamine construction complete with side mounted ball bearing slides
- Solid wood dovetail drawers complete with under-mount or side-mount soft close drawer slides
- Metal box drawer system with concealed guides complete with soft close and face adjustment for perfect alignment
- Extreme care is taken to ensure cabinets are levelled, plumbed and squared
- Special attention to detail in areas such as mitre joints on valance and crown moulding
- Levelling is of utmost importance for flawless joints in your countertops